Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hypocrasy At It's Finest

So i was clearing out my junk e-mail folder today and what do i find in there? Something that i personally feel is super racist but somehow socially exceptable. Meet Black People is the recipient and Meet 1000's of Black Singles in Your Area is the subject. Now had that said Meet 1000's of White Singles in Your Area there would have been hell being raised. People would have been accused of trying to set up a KKK throw-back meeting. As the title says...it's hypocrasy at it's best. As many comedians says as well, there's no WET (white entertainment television)...but there is BET. And as there is Little Japan or Little China in certain parts of town (San Francisco as an example)...you won't go to Japan and find a Little California. Ok, I'm getting off on a tangent now. I just wanted to say that b/c that spam mail ticked me off pretty good. And I'm sure that by complaining some people would think I'm being racist. "Oh, white woman wants to complain about inequality"...well you can't give something to some and not to others. Otherwise you're being just as bad as the system was before the change. You can't crave equality and then not give it when it's given to you. Or worse...reserve it only for some. And just as an FYI...where I grew up I was the minority. I kid you not...i was like one of only a handful white people at my school. There was a much larger hispanic and african american population. Especially in middle school. So i know what it's like to be picked on and hated for my skin color. You didn't have people who wouldn't talk to you infront of their friends b/c you were white...no you had your pals would stand behind you no matter. When you did face some adversity they were the people to stand behind you. If another white student had stood behind me they would have been called racist...and had a student from some other ethnic group stood behind me they would have been treated as a traitor. So don't go preaching to me about how your ANCESTOR'S had it tough. Yeah, THEY did...you didn't. You don't see people who are of the Jewish faith (and have long family ties to it) complaining do you? They aren't out there saying oh well my great-grandparents or grandparents were affected by the Holocaust. Now i want special treatment. NO!!! They know that the only people who deserve the special treatment were those that lived it. Those are the ones who deserve the respect....they with stood the event. Not their grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Try to follow their example. And i know that some who may read this will say well i faced adversity as well...great. sorry to hear it...but i'm sure it made you the person you are today. But not everyone has. Not every person in this world has. And it seems to me that now-a-days the ones who complain the most have faced the least. So to them I say, "shut up and sit down...You can't fight for what you know nothing about!" aaggh....frustration seeping out! lol ok...i feel better. and i will stop w/my rantings.