Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Road to Weight Loss #3

Good Morning Blog/FB World:




This past week has been pretty rewarding. I got my butt back in the gym finally. I was only able to go once between the weigh-ins...but it felt so completely amazing. The best part of it was pushing myself to do things before I only half-assed. I made my self runner longer than I usually would have. Kept motivating myself by saying motivational things in my head. At first I started to tell myself to do it to b/c I want to look good for a certain someone when we get together, or to do it to show my ex what he's missing...but I quickly stopped and asked myself why the hell do I care what anyone thinks? Especially an ex?! I started telling myself even louder and more firmly to do it for me! That I'll be happier with myself if I do it. It's funny b/c before I didn't think that I'd be enough of a motivation to make myself run a little longer, or do more sit ups, and so on...but I am damnit. Right before writing this I read my friend Tabitha's blog, in which she talks about a Vlog (video log) she did recently talking about self-image. She said so many things I myself have once felt/thought, or still do to this day. It made me smile inside to see that not only am I not alone in my self-image thinking...but that I've grown as a person, and do love myself more than I used to. That's such a great feeling. So thank you for that Tabitha! :o)
And so, as I go on my weight loss journey, I take the little accomplishments and use them to keep me going. No longer will I see them as things I could have done better. I'm sticking to this and doing the best I can and it's starting to show, even if only a little at a time.
And with that, let's see where I stand:

Start Weight        197.2
Tues morning    - 195.8
Difference              1.4 (.71% down from the start)

That's what I like to see...loss, not gain. And some people have already started noticing the loss on certain areas of my body. Hearing people say that is a great motivator. I went to the gym yesterday, and am going again today. I added a few new goals to my SparkPeople.com account, one of them is to work out at least 4x's a week and the other is to make at least 2 of those work outs in the gym. So far, I'm right on track with this goal. I foresee my bumping both of those goals up in the near future. :o)

Thank you to all of those who have been nothing but supportive. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.


~Jenna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I love that you've got a group of people doing this with you, because that is such a huge encouragement and motivator to stick to it. You're doing great!

Jenna Shimmin said...

Thanks Tabs! :o) You've been great motivation as well...so keep up your good work!